Monday, May 25, 2009

Hemp Magnet Wrist Band



Hemp Magnet Wrist Band ( Bracelet )


Magnetic beads should not be used or worn by anyone wearing a pacemaker or insulin pump, as well as pregnant women.



8 size 8mm magnet beads ( with hole for sewing )
6 ½ yards hemp yarn
Size 6 US needles
Sewing needle small enough to go through beads, thread
Snaps ( I used the 4 piece type )
8 inches long about 1 inch wide

Gauge 4 ½ sts by 8 rows
yo = yarn over the needle, making a new stitch.
k2tog = knit two stitches together.

Cast on 31 sts. loosely
Knit 2 rows.
K5, ( yo, k2tog, k1 )x 7, yo, k2tog, k3.
Knit 2 rows, bind off loosely. Weave in ends.
Add your snaps to the ends, I used the four piece set with a black pearl top. You can use the sew in type as well. I went with a good sized one ( 7/16” / 1.1 cm ) for ease of use and strength.
Sew in beads individually for strength and the elasticity of the band.


This pattern was made for my Dad, I made him a pair and they are holding up very well. I used allhemp from http://www.lanaknits.com/ in Licorice 029.

No comments: