Saturday, May 30, 2009

Crazy Day

I've had some crazy days before but yesterday is going to stand out for some time. It all started when I went out to water the garden by the big dog kennel. I always water the "girls", give them doggie bones and turn on their mist hose. Yesterday there was a dead bird in one of their water dishes!!! They have caught birds in the past, but not for quite some time as they are starting to get up there in age ( 13 ). Why in the water dish???

Okay so that was a lot of fun, or at least it seemed to make their day. So off to the dentist we go.
We pick up the mail on the way. I had ordered a Harmony stitch guide to replace the one I got some time back, that smelled so strong I can't use it without holding my breath

thinking all was good we opened it on the way. OHG the smell was so strong I had to open the window. Way stronger then the first one. What are the odds??!!......
I got them both used true, but from different sides of the country. Now I have two books I can't use. I tried everything I could think of on the first one, I even wiped down each page with a disinfectant while wearing a face mask. Cooked it in the trunk for a week. Put it in a bag with baking soda, charcoal you name it. I mean really the odds........

It was more then a hour wait at the dentist. The waiting rooms were full. I got to tell you after this I am so glad to have my guys. Not that the other peoples teenagers were...... I don't know how to finish this... they were just so very strange....... they were talking about how they sneak video of guys at school then share them....... okay that was unsettling but then, I kid you not they picked a scab off of one of the girls legs and started to play with it!!!! I can't shake this image from my head....at one point it flew across the room........the mother was right there.......
We always take our mp3 players with us. I made sure they both had a good charge... I forgot mine...It lasted about 3 words...so I got to hear the whole thing...............
I did get some knitting done, I started this the night before. I wanted to use up my end pieces of yarn. I also wanted a bag to not "worry" about ( that's a nice way of saying cheap )
It looks better in person ( sort of )

4 comments:

Knittingmama said...

I had to go to the dentist today and the hygenist told me that her niece, who is in 3rd grade came home from school and asked her mother what a certain sexual thing was. Wow! Let's hear it for the homeschoolers!

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

LOL

Lisa said...

You may have already thought of this, but I have had to cut the binding off a book and then laminated the pages. It stopped the musty smell for me.

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Lisa Thank you Thank you Thank you, I'm going for it.That's a great idea. Did I say THANK YOU : )