Thursday, July 6, 2017

mindless knit shawl even easier with color changing yarn


 
 
There are times when you want to make things without a lot of thought.. well at least there are for me lol..... a few years back I started make these shawls.. lost count on how many long ago .. I needed to try the new Lion's Brand Mandala ... fell for their color ways hard.. got just one..
thinking I could just make one scarf size I started out.. then I came across just one more... in another color way on sale.. half price..  at this point I was liking how it was working up so much I didn't want to stop, so I grabbed it up thinking about half of the colors would work nicely but the other colors not so much.. I did me some cutting.. kept the darker colors and later added them to another skein I got on clearance.. I thought it was a pretty good match up
 This is a top down crochet shawl pattern by Red Heart..
get it free here top-down shawl
 
 I then came across just one skein of the first color way I used .. all at the same store.. at this point I am thinking what a mess their store room must be to keep coming up with these one at a time lol.. but half price no way I could pass on it.. so now it must become a large shawl.. scarf be damned ;) ..
 
I love the look of it .. the super soft feel of the yarn.. the drape ( used a 10.5 needle so a bit larger then called by the yarn maker ) ..
 
a day after getting the last skein my mom comes by with two more for me.. full price :( .. I happened to go back to the store the next day and the rest of them were marked down.. got me a few more lol.. thinking more shawls are on the way :D
 
 
 
the pattern can be found on the link below

No comments: