Tuesday, September 16, 2008

x-mas socks












Well got done with the x-mas socks. Went to a smaller needle. It was coming out a little large. So much for not checking your gauge.


I didn't redo any, just added more rounds. I wanted to see if it would make a loose fitting fold over cuff, it did : ) Okay so my inexperience is showing through again, but it was fun.



I put them on one long circular needle and worked them magic loop style. I'd never tried it before on anything other then a small bag. Took a bit it get the hang of it, but then it really flew by. : )







I'm working on a pair of mittens right now that are a fun knit, I must say most new ways of knitting something is fun for me, and this is right up that alley.

I've read here and there about using scrap yarn to make the thumbs, but had no clue as to how. I now have a pattern : ).

I got it on The Knitting Haven thanks to Holly : ) I've gotten so many good tips and ideas from KH. Nice place to be.

I have just done the "scrape yarn" part. Cool, so far so good.

I've had to change the pattern some. I have a wide hand and need a roomy thumb. So I added a gusset before the scrap yarn. I'm kind of spacey today ( more so then most days) due to the head cold my whole family has picked up so I have no idea if this will work, we'll see ; )
I'm using Simply Soft by Caron in grey heather, works up well.


I'm trying to make as much as I can to get us ready for winter. I made a throw for the back of the rocking chair, it really cuts down on the chill of the wood plus no draft on your back. Nothing fancy, I tend to stay away from fancy for myself and home.

I did have to add a little fun fur to the mittens though lol. Anyhow it's just a stocking stitch with a few color changes. I really need to start using another camera the color that looks orange is red. I was keeping to my x-mas theme.



Think I might put together a few draft dodgers as well, our doors aren't what they should be anymore. Was thinking about making more blankets, but as I was washing the boys blankets (I'm on the third day) I started realizing they had plenty. Not sure how they fit it all on their beds and still had room to sleep.






Well back to the wash now, then more knitting : )

No comments: