Sunday, July 14, 2024

How I set out my embroidery floss scraps for easy use

I am on a forced break from crochet... I ended up with some tendon damage when two IVs infiltrated with two different antibiotics that I am allergic ... to one immediately after the other... It's been over a month... most of the intense pain is gone in my arm and I can almost use it normally, although the strength is still an issue.. 
both IVs were in the same limb so at least I can still use my other arm and hand ...

 my hand is still on the painful side just enough to limit me to only a couple of hours of crochet every few days at most ... So.....

I've been playing with embroidery... 
Like all of the crafting I do I save scraps...

 I have a lot of floss of small amounts and lengths, cross stitch kits I did ages ago among them..

I am currently working on small projects so it's a great time to use some of them up.. 
I thought I would share a time saver I use..  

I lay out them out so I can see the colors and a general idea of amounts available.. 
on a piece of crafting felt.. after wrapping them around my finger tip.. 
holds them in place nicely 

I stick another piece of felt on top and just roll them up for quick temporary storage between crafting times .. no more resorting them every time I need to stop for a bit.. 
 




 Be sure to remove the top piece of felt slowly to avoid a mess as they stick just as well to that piece... 😊

It's so much easier that trying to wrap so many small lengths around floss cards. 

With many of these being from kits the colors are a shade or two different.. this makes that slight difference easier to spot as well .. 

When I finish with the project I rebag the floss and put the felt back with the rest of my felt stock... No waste .. but even if I didn't have the felt on hand I would go grab some from the dollar tree .. as much time as I save with the ease of it it is definitely worth it to me..

I do save the pieces that are too short for stitching as well .... for small tassels and such, the smaller ones I use with making scrapy fabric bags.. the texture and interest it adds .. love it... 

It's been a good year since I did any real embroidery other than an embellishment here and there... was running out of smaller scraps.. so that is a bright side lol...


I had been planning on doing more bead and embroidery work it's just happening sooner than planned ... 

I haven't taken any photos yet... So here's some bees instead 









No comments: