Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Fabric Bowl update

Late last year I made a fabric bowl cozy thinking my dog could use it as a soft sided kibble bowl...  he loves it.. so much so I made him another lol...
I decided to thoroughly test these before considering them for a new item in my shop.. they will be sold as bowl cozies not dog food bowls but the thinking is if they hold up to being a doggie dish they should be a decent cozy right
 
these are the original photos, taken before washing     
 

 

 

These photos are after almost six months of daily use.. washed and dried without any special treatment .. cold water and medium heat.. with anything from towels to jeans..

 



They did shrink a small amount, not enough to need to resize the pattern .. the cotton batting fluffed up a bit but held its placement well.. they did fade some but fabric still holding strong.. I didn't use any fabric softener  even though we have very harsh water.. laundry soap is not what one would consider high end... so no added fabric protection .. all in all I'm very happy with the test run.. now with a sturdy sewing table/desk I plan on moving forward with these and a few other items I've been testing.. no set date yet so stay tuned ;)

No comments: