Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Thimble for knitting

 I haven't been knitting much lately, just a random project here and there.. 

I tend to knit with a snug tension, not overly tight but snug enough to hold dpns in place.. I didn't realize just how much I used my index finger to scoot my needle back a bit until now .. 

I love my Knit Picks needles, their tips are still super pointy after more then a decade of use.. while I haven't been able to use them much recently they have been used for countless projects .. after a few hours I started to feel just how unconditioned my finger tips were.. I have been doing a lot of sewing.. it hit me my thimble from my great grandma would be perfect 


It is open on one side.. so fits on several fingertips well.. also allows for longer finger nails .. 

 

Worked out great.. only used it for a day until my finger was no longer tender.. after a couple of projects I am back to not needing it.. but will definitely keep this in mind if there is another long break in between knit projects 





No comments: