Saturday, January 6, 2018

Textured crochet scarf

 
 
First post of the new year wow time is flying.. as always we have been keeping very busy.. started going to the big farmers and crafts market in town.. about 300 vendors, even on slow days there are hundreds of people shopping.. love the change up.. costs more to set up of course but so far has proven to be worth it.. been crocheting and knitting over 10 hours a day to keep up.. not leaving much time for crafting for myself, writing down the patterns I am making or even blogging updates..
got me a head cold now.. have no choice but to slow down.. so what do I do with my off time.. that's right play with yarn lol
 
 a sale on Premier's Sweet Roll yarns.. less than half price after taxes... lead me to grab a few..
 
I have only used one of the four I picked up at this point, this is what I found...
 
not a foot into it was the first knot, thankfully only one other
 
 
I wasn't really happy with the color change overs.. nothing smooth about it at all..

 
blotches of color through out, only one large one, rest were only a stitch or less long..
 
 the yarn was very easy to work with.. soft but not fraying soft.. no splitting at all.. nice stretch, bounced back well, good thickness, worked up fast, easy to frog if need be ;)
 
over all wasn't real hot on the color changes ups even though I like the colors themselves,
I liked working with the yarn ... minus the knots..
 
 for a first try of the yarn it wasn't anything that would get me to buy more..
however who knows, the next few cakes may hold another story.. never judge a yarn by one skein alone
Right
 
This is the out come, even with the issues I like the feel and fun look of it
 
                                                        

Textured crochet scarf


245 yds. of worsted weight yarn shown in Premier's Sweet Roll color way Pixie Pop *

Size K 10.5/6.50 mm hook *

Gauge is not essential

Size 8 inches wide by 47 inches long

size can be changed by sticking to a even count of foundation chains plus one turning chain, adding as many or few rows as you like

Written using American terms

Worked in the Lemon peel stitch = sc1, dc1 every row ( a known stitch pattern )


Stitches

ch = chain

sc = single crochet

dc = double crochet


1) ch 21

2) sc into second chain from hook, dc next stitch continue with sc one, dc one to end 

3) chain 1, *sc 1, dc1* repeat to end of row 

repeat row 3 until you reach the size you want or run out of yarn

fasten off weave in ends


Tips

each sc will have a dc worked in it, as each dc will have a sc worked in it

you will always end row with a dc


*any yarn can be used with corresponding hook size




 

No comments: