Sunday, November 11, 2012

super easy reversible wrap


I’ve been so busy lately knitting time was limited to a few minutes a day if I was lucky…..I just didn’t have any time to work out a new pattern…
So I went with another mindless knit ….a super easy reversible wrap, mostly straight stitch with knit rows on the ends and two by two edges.
I used almost 2 full skeins of Caron’s Simply Soft in soft green. I love the feel of this yarn when it’s all knitted up, but it can be a bit of a pain as it splits easily. That did take away from the mindless knit part a bit lol but I do love how soft it is :D

Gauge really doesn’t matter, that said my was 3.5 sts. By 4.5 rows per 1 inch in straight stitch ( stocking stitch )
Size 10 US straight needles
Approximately 620 yards of worsted weight yarn
21 inches wide by 63 inches long

Cast on 75 stitches

1-5 ) knit

6- 255 ) 2 by 2 ribbing first 6 stitches than straight stitch to last 6 stitches 2 by 2 again so
First ( p1, k1 )x 3 knit to last 6 stitches ( p1, k1 )x 3
Next row ( k1, p1 )x 3 purl to last 6 stitches ( k1, p1 )x 3 placing a marker after the first 6 stitches and before the last 6 makes it even easier.

256- 260 ) knit bind off

2 comments:

kelly said...

I only know what a regular straight stitch is-have n o idea what 2 by 2 ribbing means-so its not easy enough for me :(....this is so beautiful Barb, and I love the color as well

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Kelly lol 2 by 2 is the term for k2, p2....it's a ribbing stitch :D Straight or stocking/stockinette stitch is two stitches really, one row knit the next purl...makes a nice smooth ( and thin for knitting ) over all feel...
Thanks had the yarn for awhile been on a yarn diet, beads too good thing I have plenty of both lol
Miss you, necklace needs just a bit of tweaking..sending much love Barb