Friday, July 16, 2010

Masters Prayer Shawl


I made this for our reiki master/teacher/instructor, a prayer shawl. Hence the name lol
The main body is made top down, in stocking stitch with the increases down the center and edges.
She likes horses so I used the horse shoe stitch for the trim, upside down to keep the luck in ;) plus a few rows of knit stitch.
I used Caron’s Simply Soft Shadows in Dark Moss, while I loved the colors and feel of it, I was not happy with all the knots and "off" spots of yarn.

When I got the yarn I fell for the colors, and they did look good on her, but had I known how many breaks there would be in just four balls I would have picked something else.
After deciding on a pattern and having little time to redo anything, I stuck with getting more of the same yarn even after both of the first two balls had a break. The third and forth had 4 breaks EACH.
So after a lot of wasted yarn and lots of weaving in ends, I can not say for sure how much yarn I used :( having also run out of time I forgot to take the last measurement, I believe the measurement below to be a close estimate.

All in all the look and feel of the yard did work. I don't think I'll run out to get more though.


Masters Prayer Shawl
Size 9 US needles
Gauge 11 rows by 8 stitches per 2 inches, however exact gauge is not essential to this project
600 yards of medium weight yarn. I used almost 4 ball of Caron’s Simply Soft Shadows in Dark Moss.
76” by 30” approximately
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
kf/b = knit into the front and back of the next stitch
p = purl
psso = pass slid stitch over
Sl 1 = slide one stitch purl wise
yf = yarn to the front ( to make new stitch )
* * = repeat instructions between as many times as indicated
( )x = repeat directions inside brackets as many times as indicated


 pdf can be purchased
on craftsy
on ravelry
 
 
 
 
 
Post a Comment