Monday, November 16, 2009

Can/Wrist Covers





I really dislike cold, a soda or beer okay
unless I have to get cold holding it
I've seen patterns out there for years mostly for hot drinks ( I like holding the warm ones ) a few can ones here and there ( I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll see them every where lol )
I had no idea how fun they could be to knit




and useful, not only do they keep your temperature longer ( hot or cold ), you can quickly get a spill. What to do with them in between drinks, put them on your wrists. DS#1 thought they worked great as wrist warmers, and needed a second one.













These are very basic, very quick. Great way to use up smaller amounts of yarn.
About 20 yards of worsted weight cotton yarn.
Size 8 US dpns ( set of 4 ) or magic loop.
Cast on 32 stitches
18 rounds of 2 by 2 ribbing
Bind off in pattern.

I had so much fun making these mostly because they are so quick. DH came up with a few pattern ideas I'm planing on making, as they were a big hit at my sister's birthday party the other night.

Strange how silly little things can be the most asked for gifts. My sister asked if I could make her some more scrubbies for dishes as her Xmas gift lol.

I made her a bath set with a bath sized one for her b-day. She wanted to use it for her dishes : ) She's hooked, I'm sure I can come up with one or two ; )

At her party she asked if I could fix a pair of socks for her as I have for her in the past




I laughed so hard when I saw them
There's no toe left!!!!!!
I'll see what I can do, maybe there is enough left to sew a bottom on.....

1 comment:

knancyknitter said...

Hi, you could do your bear can holders/writs warmers with sports logos on them. They guys would go ga-ga for them then.