Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Penguin Socks



I just finished up a pair of pop-out penguin socks for Mother's Day. A little late I know, but better late then never.



The pattern is in the book " knitted socks", by Anna Tillman. The book was a birthday gift, I love it. This was the first pattern from the book that I've done, but have plans to start "the whole hog" and "fab for flip flops" patterns soon as gifts for family.


I changed the pattern a little bit. I did top part in 2 by 2 ribbing. Also changed yarn to Berroco Comfort DK for the top parts and Sinfonia cotton for the foot. Oh and I put button eyes and no tail as it wouldn't work with the type of shoes she has.

I did most of the sock while on a drive to and from Wisconsin. I finshed the instep and toes after we got back.

The drive up, though not under happy circumstances went well. The ride back started well for the first day, the next we ran into so much rain you couldn't see but feet in front of your car.

I was very happy to come back to my desert home:), even though it was cloudy it was more sun then we'd seen in two weeks. The last day of the trip went very well, weather was

great, miles flew by. By then no one wanted to stop even for food! We made it all the way home.

No comments: