Sunday, February 5, 2023

Upcycled Dolloar Store Gnome

 
 

 While at the dollar tree a couple of days ago I saw this Gnome.. okay it was more like I saw these pink sequins .. 
 
I haven't found any flat sequins locally .. I order online but when I see them on dollar store items that look like they would be easy to remove I get one or two.. 

I really like the cute Gnomes that have been popped up everywhere the last couple of years.. so hesitated taking one apart
 at first...
 I mean it's cute at first glance..
 

 
on closer inspection glue was leaking out on back, seams were off 


 
the feet were just flat flaps of fabric.. it was weighted down with something heavy with soft stuffing above it.. 
 

at $1.25 for the 14 inch toy .. or crafting supplies ..
I decided to get one and use some of the items to make a new gnome..
 
turned out to be a fair amount of usable stuffing and sequins.. the fabric is beat up and has been glued so some isn't usable.. 


 
and a good sized bag of rocks.... I have never come across rocks inside a toy before so it surprised me a bit lol.. those I added to the yard.. 

I used the pom pom nose, the braids, and a little less than half the stuffing.. along with some scrap yarn to make my new little gnome

 

I still have a fair amount to use up, I am planning on gifting her to my mom for Valentines day.. going to add a heart .. 








 

No comments: