Thursday, February 16, 2023

hummingbird

 

Ever just have to make something.. without a clue how you're going to pull it off... Yeah that was this guy..
Middle of multiple other projects I needed to make a hummingbird.. 

I love hummingbirds.. we have a family that lives in our yucca tree in our front yard.. every year they hatch their babies and teach them in our yard and garden.. we plant sunflowers and other plants just for the birds and bees .. this area can be pretty harsh in the summer so a plant here or there can mean a lot.. 

Anyhow I didn't have a clue how I was going to make the beak sturdy enough to hold up..
 I knew I wanted it to be done in seed beads.. although I have since seen some cool ones done with embroidery floss and glue.. middle of winter isn't a good time to play with glue inside for me.. allergies are already going nuts without adding to it.. might try that with the next one I make using sequins..
After I finished the bead work on the beak I added a piece of jewelry wire .. folded with spirals on either end stitched it under the beak with the spirals on the back of the head and chest.. 


I continued with beading fastening down the rest of the wire as I went.. 

I haven't finished it off yet as I'm not sure what I want to do with it.. 
I just got some new pin and tack findings .. 
I guess we shall see how it plays out as I go along .. 


No comments: