Monday, January 16, 2023

Uneven beads

 
I like using different types of beads for different looks.. uneven beads can add so much interest and texture..  especially when mixed with uniform beads and findings

I had some stretchy bracelets i had ordered online, I used to give to kids when they came up to our table.. only had a few left so I put them aside thinking some day I would use the in another project.. they definitely fit into the uneven category
 

 
 decided to throw some beads that were gifted to me with a bunch of crafting supplies.. as they too fit into the uneven category

Asked son to draw me something similar to some of the craft doggies I had been seeing on Pinterest.. all done in the same style shape but different crafting techniques.. no clue who came up with it first.. this was his take on it..
 He's so cute, but way bigger than I was looking for.. had to scan the image, because he used off white paper I had to clean the image up then resize it.. I didn't want it to be too much like the others out there so my take is a bit different from even the drawing 

I drew a cookie cutter style moose.. also inspired somewhat by online pins, to work on the hoop along side of it.. Pinterest is seriously an endless supply of inspiration and learning. 

also added a funky star to use up more of the empty space .. wanted one that was not even.. more rustic .. a fun piece .. with my drawing skills this was definitely possible lol 

I added some strung rhinestones as well as acrylic sew on rhinestones and a few other odds and ends.. 
Still need to add backing of some sort.. haven't decided on or not they're going to be brooches or applique work yet.. 




with the moose and star I used the uneven beads in groups of three, in random placement couching to pull them into nooks and cranny's along the way.. leaving some a bit raised up for more texture.. I used markers to add color to the pellon giving the clearer beads more depth..

With the doggie I ended up just using the uneven beads as the outline and nose

No comments: