Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Sewing Clips and shopping bag

Awhile back I got a couple of reusable shopping bags from JoAnn's fabric store.. I love the size, definitely sturdy.

 I've used it to store fabric or yarn, when I'm not taking it with me. 

I noticed the bottom corner was coming undone after unloading one of my current projects and supplies .. 


 without much thought I grabbed some of my sewing clips to hold in place while I hand sew it.. 



as I was doing this the thought crossed my mind how much harder this would have been "pre-clip" days .. did't want to add more holes then necessary with pins.. 
and how many times recently I have grabbed them in projects in upcoming posts..
      
 after applying glue and placing the backing on bead embroidery and applique work
 

holding a crochet seam closed for sizing 

 


I was on the fence with them.. at craft stores they can really add up cost wise.. wasn't sure if the ones on Amazon would be worth it quality wise...

 I decided to go with Amazon this time.. have been very happy with them and highly recommend them. 

As for the bag,  the material holding the seams on the bottom, looks like it will give out before the rest of the bag.. at that point I plan on replacing  with another material

have been more than happy with this purchase as well, that they are repairable ... after constant use for more than a year...  is a definite plus in my book 
 also highly recommend   








No comments: