Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Beads and sequins

I have several Raven images I want to do in beads, sequins, fabric and thread.. much larger than this one, 
this guy is my trial piece.. playing with the sequins placement..
 I went with single cup sequins along the chest switching to double cup sequins, smaller one inside the larger, with a much tighter, staggered layout.. find the wing with bugle beads highlighted it with strung rhinestones in black, plus a row of black bicone crystals..
Added a row of hematite beads for the shoulder, used size 11 seed beads to fill in the rest, placed randomly, fairly thick for texture..
the beak is thick embroidery floss the kind used for friendship bracelets, in satin stitch.. 
I stitched it on fairly thick black felt.. 
Will be adding a layer between the backing as I used a trimmed safety eye. I wasn't 100% thrilled with the feet but for a first attempt it will do. He's going to end up as applique more than likely on a tarot bag.. 


Got some bullion wire, I really like the detail that is possible with it.. never having used it before I started with just adding a border around the doggie.. 
Used uneven seed beads in sizes 11 and 6 added a few different sizes of acrylic pearls for highlights


The gnome is done in size 8 and 11 seed beads very thick for the beard double layered in many places.. will add a border around him I'm thinking of trying sequins

I like using up as much space as I can on the embroidery hoop so I added a crescent moon on the side along with a fun mushroom, I did a little bit more detail work with the bullion wire on the mushroom starting to get the hang of it will definitely be adding it to future projects







No comments: