Sunday, August 29, 2010

Very quick easy knit hanging hand cloth



This pattern is very easy, easier than the name lol

I needed a quick knit hand cloth I could hang off of the hook in our bathroom.
I don't like to reuse hand cloths after my guys dry their hands ( ugh ), nor do I like the paper towel option, too much waste.
Keeping in mind not wanting to be wasteful, I also wanted them to be on the small size. Enough to dry your hands, but not so big as to take a lot to wash. With needing another one each time someone used it, it needed to be easy.
With what they put towels through around here, it needed to be a little stronger than lace ones I've made in the past. I wanted it to come off the hook fairly easy as well, so I went with a larger loop to hang it from.
They are very close to my hot pads with a square bottom and not quite as tight of a guage.


Size 8 US needles
7 ½” by 7 ½”
Exact gauge is not essential to this project
42 yards 100 % cotton worsted yarn
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
k2tog tbl = knit 2 stitches together through the back loop
Cast on 30 stitches
Knit about 5 inches or as long as you like
Decrease as following
K1, k2tog, knit to last 3 stitches, k2tog tbl, k1
Next row knit
Stay in this manner until you reach 14 stitches next row
K2tog across
Knit one row, bind off leaving tail long enough to make crochet cord as long as you like, weave in end of cord at opposite end of bind off edge.
Weave in ends.

Very quick and very easy :D
 
 
 
 

No comments: