Saturday, June 19, 2010

Need to make changes

Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize this is not working.
That happened to me last night, or was it this morning I'm not really sure anymore. Two nights of very little sleep will do that to ya.
As I was trying to get just a bit of sleep it dawned on me Brent my husband had spent all of his time off working to fix my car.
He comes home and goes out to the shop and keeps at it until dinner then heads back out.
Our evenings together as a family no longer happen, why because he's trying so hard to get my car fixed so the boys and I can give Reiki to the animals at the shelter.
Helping out is very nice and all, but at what cost.
It isn't just the time spent fixing the car, that in itself is a good thing, but could be done in our time. This shelter is over a 100 mile round trip for us. So it eats up the whole day, just to spend a hour there.
The only reason we went to this shelter is to help out a new friend. She stops there on her way home from work. The plan was to help once or twice, and that would be it. She was doing a good thing, and we wanted to help her a little.
Then a few days ago she tells me, the people at the shelter are going to put down this dog who has only been there a short time, if she can't make a change in this dog. There is nothing wrong with this dog he's a Rottie and acts like it.
I can not afford the gas money for what amounts to threats. Not when there is a shelter in walking distance from my home. They really don't kill the animals there, not something they just say.
It's not just this, they have stressed out our new friend to the point where she's sending me dozens of emails every few days. I can't keep up. Everything I wanted to do has been put on hold. It can't go on. The stress is getting to me, and for what reason.
My house isn't getting cleaned, my pets are not getting the treatment they are used to. Even my knitting was on hold, no more.
It was really cool to help, I just can't afford this money wise, time wise, stress wise.
My plan was to help people, that's what I need to be doing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you --- sounds like you could use one right about now. Hope you find the right balance for you.

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

I know it's such a hard decision when you finally decide to say "no" to a friend. I guess the best way would be for us to figure out how to graciously say no before we commit, but I always end up over extending myself. :(

Jeannine vjv said...

My Dearest Barb ~ Sometimes when we "think" we are doing the right thing, the way it is unfolding is not conclusive. This is not to say that we should not "do it" but rather see an alternative to going about the work that is placed in our hearts to do. So, how to "solve" this, do long distance Reiki for the dog in question... use dog, envision the one that needs assistance and let Reiki do It's magic through you and yours. In the mean time, it is okay to say "No" and gently tell her that physically this is not possible... "at the moment" but that you can assist her from a distance and when and "IF" it is meant to come together, you will be there will bells and whistles on! lol maybe not whistles, but maybe with a wind chime in hand! ;)

We do not want to see an animal suffer, nor do we want one to be put down... BUT there is a cycle to life.... and if this dog is meant to bless a family, he will "get it" and snap out of it. Sometimes an animal is just plain mean, which is not the case here, he is just miss understood and has had a lot of trama... it will take a special "intervention" for this big hearted animal. Her "stress" is not helping. I will do "Good Juju" from this end... and things will unfold as is necessary, but she needs to allow you to "breath" and you have a right to tell her this. Blessed be on both your parts.

Also, do Reiki for him on the shelter animials... when prompted and all will be as it needs to be Dear One..... (((huggs)))

In Lite and with Many Blessings
Jeannine vjv :)

Jeannine vjv said...

Wow... conclusive is supposed to be conducive and "but rather seek an..." lol am "out of it" today! In fact practice your Long Distance Reiki my dear... on me. I will tell you why later.

Take care and enjoy this day.
Jeannine vjv :)

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Dee
Thank you I really did need a hug :D
*Hugs* coming back to you.
My best to you and yours Barb

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Sarah,

"always end up over extending myself. :("

you and me both ;)

Thank you :D you are so sweet :D
My best to you and yours :D Barb

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Jeannine,

you mean so much to me

For you anything...

you have my very best

Thank you

Barb