Monday, April 6, 2009

Aprils Here

Wow it's been really busy around here. Hubby had the week off and spent it fixing and building so much around this place it's wonderful. : ) I can't believe how much they got done. He had our boys working with him all week. The winds got nasty a few times but they were able to get things done inside.

We did take some time off ( when it was windy ) we went out to the flea market ( not a real good idea in the wind as it's a sandy field ) then to the thrift store. We found a really cool tea pot. I got a few pattern books from the used book store. We ended up at a indoor flea market where he got me this

It's a huge crystal for my birthday ( coming up ) there are at least a hundred points. It feels amazing. Very cool. Both boys got one as well, a little smaller in height but some really big points.



He also insisted I order the needles I've wanted. A full set of Options Harmony Wood Interchangeable Needles. Sizes 4 to 17 US.

They are sooooooo nice. : )


Well we got all the hemp we need for the hats. Now the making of the pattern. I love this part



4 comments:

Knittingmama said...

What kind of hats are you going to make? Your yarn is very pretty, and all those needles! Have fun with your new toys. :-)

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

KM, We are leaning to a fair isle watch cap, sort of. I'm going to use my own hat pattern with DS1's art work. DS2's will most likley be rather dull next to his brothers as he doesn't like a lot of color or texture. He wears the camo hat I made him so I guess there's hope ;)

Delores said...

I am jealous of those needles! I have been wanting options for a while. :) I have another set of interchangeable already so just can't justify buying them. Maybe when we win the lottery!

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Delores,
The needles are great : ) they are so smooth and pointy, I've been having a blast. I got my first pair about a year ago, and couldn't wait to get more. I am very happy with them.