Saturday, March 9, 2019

Scrubbies in stock




Back by popular demand.. 
                Scrubbies now in stock in my Etsy shop
                    ( click link on side of posts )

 I have bee asked so many times to make more scrubbies
Friends and family are hooked.. so much so they started to gift them as gifts...

I will admit I love them myself.. after years of using the same ones mine died.. ok the puppies getting into the laundry basket may have had something to do with that..

my bath pouf was a casualty in a separate incident.. time had finally come to set aside all other projects and make another batch of scrubbies..

a few changes have been made to make them even better than before...
Now each one has a worsted weight soft cotton side. The opposite side is still made from vintage acrylic.. but I was lucky enough to get my hands on some of the most coarse yarn that I have come across...  more than a dozen skeins.. not a pleasure to work with but as far as scrubbing goes well worth it.. I would not want to do a big item out of these however lol
I added the cotton to all of them.. in the past I only made a few here and there, as hubby kept stealing mine and taking them out to his shop to wash tires and such, I saw no since in it.. around here..
After my poor bath pouf was lost I kept forgetting to grab another one.. I had just made a larger scrubbie to use up the last bit of cotton in that color way.. I thought why not..
 IT WAS PERFECT..
a bit of body soap on the cotton side.. only needed to put soap on it once.. the scrubbie side was just enough to exfoliate comfortably...  hence the next change.. they are bigger now..

right now I have sets of three on my shop, will be adding other choices soon.. 

No comments: