Monday, August 6, 2018

Bulky cable knit hat pattern on the web


Things have been very busy.. I'll save details for the next post.. right now I like to share a fun, quick and free..  bulky cable knit hat pattern.. it's from  Lion brand yarns.
 Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to the patterns on the labels of yarn.. but normally I also don't buy bully yarn. ( Hometown USA in ST Paul Sky color way  ).. came across a nice deal .. thought it would make nice warm hats.. so I grabbed a couple with no real pattern in mind..

         Been working on a crochet fingerless glove pattern.. getting stopped too often to keep a train of thought going.. needed something I could pick up a million times and easily find my place.. reached for the closest yarn .. the photo on label looked like it fit the bill.. simple cable repeat...

I love it..
I did make a couple of changes, not really changing the overall look ..
I'm not a fan of the ssk stitch .. what's the point.. slipping then knitting.. just knit two together through the back loop.. quick and easy.. same slant.. so that switch was a must for me .. the only other change was to use the same stitch again for the last round of decreases instead of just knitting two together.. I wanted the slant to remain consistent through out.

I definitely will be making more .. the link is to the pattern on Raverly so you can see the other finished projects..


Cabled hat L32325

No comments: