Wednesday, April 4, 2018

First weaving Done

 
My frame weaving loom worked quite well... my weaving skills are lacking
 clearly lol.. the goal was to just whip one out so I could practice embroidery on yarns works for that it was perfect .. I left it on the loom instead of placing it on a hoop.. nice and easy
 
 
I love the look.. and it was so much fun to do.. now that I have made one I want to make more.. so the next step is to weave faster.. I am using a dowel stick to lift half of the warp lines.. makes it much faster going one way
 
 but going back is a bit slower.. as each line had to be wove by hand.. the long needle does help.. however I would like to make a few other things with it.. at a faster rate.. 
side note have you seen scarfs wove out of Lions Brands Mandala ... just wow ...


working on making a heddle out of popsicle sticks.. ok craft sticks.. way smaller than the ones I recall as a kid lol.. in this application the size is perfect.. picked them up at the dollar store, a penny a piece .. a bit of sanding is in order.. as I need 80 plus I pulled out my rotary tool for the job.. hopefully it works out... I so want one of those scarfs..  


Got to work on my next pair of flip flop slippers a bit today.. still a long way off.. next pattern Dragon Scale Baby Booties sizes for newborn to six months coming up soon


No comments: