Friday, March 23, 2018

what's been on my hooks

Got another c2c done.. well half of one lol... had an order for a shawl.. tried at least 5 other patterns.. just wasn't feeling right.. set it aside to rethink it yet again
picked up the c2c I've been working on here and there.. the second photo.. more on that in a second..
I hit me right away.. it would work using a c2c stitch.. I love the cozy feel of it.. took one skein of reddish orange,  2 skeins of green and one light purple all Simply Soft by Caron, on a size J/10-6.00 mm hook.. have about 60 hours tied into it.. so much for c2c being fast lol.. really it did go quick once I picked the right pattern.. close to 200 squares of 3 dc's and a ch3 across the top.. didn't get the measurements, almost forgot the photo.. wove in ends sitting in the van just before handing it off lol 




This c2c I started to use up the older yarn I have been gifted.. going to take a few more of them to get it used but we get a nice cozy warm blanket out of it and the yarn doesn't get wasted.. after waiting all those years it would be a real shame not to use it right..  :D


this wrap was also created to use up some of the "funky" yarns I have been gifted.. also to learn new techniques.. this is what got me thinking about weaving again.. The body is crocheted with a large hook.. Q 15.75 mm using super bulky chanel yarn.. thinner yarn is than woven in between the stitches.. no clue what kind of yarn that was.. didn't have a label on it.. it goes from thick to thin and is on the fuzzy side.. I used eyelash for the crocheted over laid stitching.. and another type of chanel ( dark blue and thinner ) for the embroidered roses... I added a trim of fuzzy/metallic along all edges.. the fringe is of the woven yarn and some blue super saver I had that matched..

I learned a lot of new skills and used a lot of yarn I had no clue what to do with  ... now to add taking a good photo to my list of thing to do..  like I haven't been trying for years   lol
It really did come out nicer that this makes it look.. Really

 
Yet another project I'm working on.. got them ready for yarn.. hopefully they will see my feet some time soon ;)
 

No comments: