Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Funky flowered fingerless gloves

Been seeing the prettiest flowered fingerless gloves going around online lately.. true works of art..
I want a pair for myself but no way can I toss that kind of cash at them right now, even though they are more than worth it..
will have to make my own..
I have never embroidered with yarn.. dang it's been a good thirty years since I have with floss.. I cross stitch every few years, while there are some similarities the skills needed for each are as different as knitting and crochet.. sure you can get a sweater from each using yarn.. you get my drift ..right

So touching up on embroidery skills is a must.. but I have this list of things I want to do.. I can get lost in all of the patterns I want to try or make with ease.. a crafting list is a must
 
Funky Flowered Fingerless gloves have been on that list for awhile now..
 
the plan was to make different flowers, learning new skills as I went along..
very close to what is needed to make the others.. only these are to be bulky, bold, wild flowers with no rhyme or reason.. not classy and stunning... lol
 
I had planned on a black set of gloves..  
but that would take time to make ..
 I didn't want to wait..
you know how it is when you have to try a pattern or new skill..
NOW
yeah like that..
 
I look over and see a pair of gloves I put together to make a pattern customer happy.. she wanted extra long thumb gussets..
these were nothing I was going to put out for sale or even use myself as they were a bit too big..
 
due to this I had grabbed multi colored yarn I was gifted.. because it was close..
I really wanted to get it over with.. I had a ton of orders to get done..  it was a free pattern to begin with..
 I had tried explaining how to go about it with no luck.. hope she was happy with the make over.. never heard back from her come to think of it
 
so why not use them instead of letting them sit any longer..
 
Now if you start with gloves in purples, pinks, grays and browns you can pretty much figure funky is defiantly in the cards.. right
 
 
I had no care what the colors of the flowers were..
 just grabbed out of my jug of small yarn balls and went for it
 
 
                                                with this added in funky got a tad crazier..
I tried every kind of flower and leaf I felt like.. no rhyme or reason at all yep..  it shows LOL...
I learned so much.. They are down right ugly .. didn't bother weaving in ends just tied them off.. the extra yarn made them fit better... you know what they are so frigging comfy I am shocked..
                                                                    I LOVE THEM
                                                   

 
 
Ok with that out of my system it was time to get down to business ..
learning even more stitches and how to do them on yarn properly instead of such a mish mash..
 
I made a short pair of fingerless gloves ( pattern to come soon ) and put yucca's on them .. our state flower..   
 
I used Lion Brand Homespun.. not sure of the color way as it was gifted to me without the label, but to me it has the look of a New Mexican sunset ..
that and I didn't have any black yarn.. can you believe it.. I had small ball of it here and there, none matching and not enough to even make this short of a glove.. ugh
They worked out pretty good though
still not what I'm looking for so onward
 
 
Something else on my crafting to do list was putting together a simple weaving loom..
frame style..
I used to make rugs years ago before we got Little Dog and she decided that every rug was her personal potty mat :(
 
Have always wanted to weave some bags and wall hangings..
why not do it now and practice weaving and embroidery at the same time..
 great way to use up some of the older yarn gifted to me..
 
 
 
 
I picked a off pinkish almost sandy color for the background ( weaving ) part..
if you live or have visited New Mexico in the spring you know this is the color of the sky for at least part of most days ..
 for the rest of you think high winds with sand mixed in yet some how the sun shines through..
 
All of our flowers are now getting set to bloom..
 so here's my start of Spring Flowers in New Mexico.. 



                          I have no clue where I'm going with this.. I'm just along for the ride lol

No comments: