Tunnel Lace Cloth
This cloth was made using the Tunnel lace stitch found in one of the Harmony guides with a simple knit stitch broader.
Very quick and easy to knit up. By keeping your stitches on the loose side with the yarn overs in the first row the second row is much easier to knit. It also helps with the p3togs, in the forth row. So keep it nice and relaxed.
Size 8US needles
64 yds ( approximately ) worsted weight cotton shown in Sugar & Cream’s Summer Set
Exact gauge is not essential to this project, knitting loosely with make things go much smoother
9” by 9 ” approximately
k = knit
p = purl
p3tog = purl 3 stitches together
yon = yarn over needle
yfrn = yarn forward and around needle
* * = repeat instructions between as many times as indicated
Stitches should only be counted after the forth row.
Cast on 35 stitches
Knit 4 rows
1) k3, p2, *yon, k1, yfrn, p2,* repeat to last 3 stitches, k3
2) k5, *p3, k2,* repeat to last 3 stitches, k3
3) *k3, p2,* repeat to last 3 stitches, k3
4) k5, *p3tog, k2,* repeat to last 3 stitches, k3
Repeat rows 1 thru 4, nine more times
Knit 4 rows, bind off. Weave in ends.