Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ruffled Crochet Wrist Warmers

 
 

I didn't count gauge or yardage, as I was making these for me I wasn't thinking of writing up the pattern.. but I love them so much I thought I'd share anyway... I crochet on the loose side, the 16 foundation stitches fit my wrist ( just over 6 inches ) a bit loose... adjust the amount of chains to fit your wrist or the size needed.. I used less than half a skein of Icelandic Jewels ( bulky weight, 129 yards per skein ) now discontinued ( using up my older end pieces ) .. as far as bulky yarn goes it's on the lighter side

both warmers made the same
First chain 1 does not count as a stitch, make first stitch in the same space, joining with the first stitch not the chain 1 through out the pattern

ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet

1 ) ch16 join with slip stitch
2 -5 ) ch1,  sc to end using the back loop only, join
6 ) ch1, sc twice in first stitch, sc to end of round, join
7)  ch1, sc twice in first two stitches, sc to end of round, join
8)  ch1, sc twice in first stitch, sc 2 stitches, sc twice in next stitch , sc to end of round, join
9 ) ch1, sc to end, join
10 ) ch3, skip 5 stitches, sc to end, join
11 ) ch1, sc 2 around ch2 stitches of previous row, sc to end, join
12 - 15 )  ch1, sc to end, join fasten off. ... I wanted the fingers covered a bit more.. check to make sure you like the length.

trim
using the chain foundation ( front loop ) ch2 in same space dc once, dc 2 in each stitch around join with the top of the ch2 stitches, fasten off. weave in all ends.

 

No comments: