Sunday, November 30, 2014

Infinity scarf

Very easy, quick knit, great for last minute gift giving..


I was watching tv a few nights ago and saw this really cool infinity scarf ( a old Twilight Zone )... and decided to make a few..... looked like it was made with size 1 or 2 needles very wide and long, fingering weight... loved it and maybe some day I'll have the time to make one just like it, but with Christmas right around the corner... now is not that time lol
I still thought it cool enough to give it a go... using much thicker yarn and needles I was able to make 2 so far and a few other things... I did like how long it was.. long enough to wrap around the keck / head or let hang in front like a traditional scarf...

gauge is not essential for this project

any sized cable needles will work but the larger sizes will speed things up, I used size 15 US

same goes with the yarn any size will work ( as long as you adjust your cast on number and needle size accordingly ) for the first one I used 2 strains of Playful by Yarn bee, Glittering Ombre ... the yarn is discontinued now but I had it in my stash and the colors worked...

The one in playful I cast on 128 stitches, joined in the round being careful not to twist them

knit 2 rows
purl 1 row
I repeated these 3 rows until I got the thickness I wanted... I think I did 3 repeats.. bind off weave in ends..

it's about 5 inches wide and 30 long




 
Using Yarn bee's Icelandic Jewels in Black Pearl
I cast on 150 stitches join twisting the cast on stitches twice
I did 30 rows in knit stitch as I wanted it to curl in... showing the purl side
this one is about 9 inches wide and 34 inches long 

No comments: