Saturday, June 14, 2014

Playing with crochet


 
 

I've been having so much fun playing with crochet :D A friend posted the original pattern of this dragon on FaceBook ... the free pattern ( Baby Dragon _ can be found on www.ravelry.com .... check pattern notes for corrections...  
 I loved the idea of making a dragon... I did change the pattern some...

 the pattern as written would give you a very cute 5 inch tall dragon... as you can see in the photo Honey Dew came out much bigger :D I wanted his jaw to be a bit bigger on the bottom with a quirky smile... I've very happy with the way he came out :D 
The original pattern has lots of photos making it very easy to follow :D

I did get one granny square scarf done so far...
I do have a lot more to use up.. Having a few issues with matching up my work with the squares I got from the thrift store... most are of slightly different sizes.. So the seaming shows.. I decided to "roll" with it and make it a pattern feature adding the same color trim :D   

 

 
Along with the scarfs to give to charity I've been working on hats ... This free pattern is called Cool Stripes Beanie it can be found on either www.ravelry.com and www.redheart.com very quick to make with different sizing listed in the pattern.. I did change this up a bit as well, happy with the way it was written and all but wanted to use a different size of hook and weight of yarn...

No comments: