Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cotton crochet sachet

I'm not a fan of canned "air fresheners"
I do love the smell of many herbs and flowers and making bags :D
with bits of end pieces of cotton I put this small very quick and simple
sachet together 
for use in my car
 
 
I used a size H US hook and a few yards worsted weight cotton yarn... I put it on a hook style key chain with a button closure... it's made so it doesn't close tightly on top but can hold a couple of crystals while hanging from my dashboard..

this pattern can be made to any size you'd like using whatever hook and yarn you have laying around... just keep the stitches loose enough to let a bit of air flow through but not so loose the your crystals pop out :D

I chained a few stitches ( any number you like to get the width needed ) for the foundation, double crochet ( dc ) into the second chain from the hook, dc until you reach the first chair stitch, dc 3 times into that stitch going around to the other side of the foundation row, dc to the end of those chain stitches, dc into the last one 3 times... from there dc all stitches until you reach the size you want.. dc haft the stitches turn ( making sure you are at the start of a new round ), dc half of those stitches ( so 1/4 of over all stitches )  chain enough stitches to go around your button, dc to end of row fasten off.... if you'd like a longer flap add a few more rows of dc's before making the chain stitches for the button closure... weave in ends, sew on button, either make a chain cord to hang form or add a key chain hook... add a charm or 2... I added a silver feather to this one    

 
 

No comments: