Friday, April 18, 2014

Egg scrubbie dish cloth

I love acrylic scrubbies for their scrubbing power over plain cotton
basic scrubbie pattern

but they do not absorb at all. I made scrubbies with both cotton and acrylic that work well however I needed a few new dish cloths... why not make one with a scrubbie center :D

The best yarn I've found to use making scrubbies is rough low cost acrylic... I used to use Redheart but most of what I find in the stores are not as rough as they used to be... I've been lucky to have been gifted some by family and friends... it holds up to unbelievable levels of nasty cleaning... hubby uses them to clean tires lol I only have to make new ones every few years... I was also gifted a unused skein of white yarn with this label
in like new condition, date on the label reads 1988... this yarn makes the old Redheart seem downy soft lol...       I like smallish dish cloths so it's just bigger than my hand...

Acrylic is only used in the center of the pattern.

This is a very easy pattern using just the knit stitch.



Size 8 US needles

Exact gauge is not essential to this project

I didn’t get a count on yardage, it doesn’t take much though. Not even half a ball of Peaches & Crème worsted weight 100% cotton, and a few yards of acrylic.

K = knit

Cast on 31 stitches using cotton yarn

Knit 5 rows

6 ) k14, pick up acrylic yarn knitting with both yarns k3, k14 with only cotton yarn

7 ) k14, bring acrylic yarn to back k3 with both yarns, k14 only cotton yarn

8 - 11 ) k13, bring acrylic yarn to back k5 with both yarns, k13 only cotton yarn

12 - 15 ) k12, bring acrylic yarn to back k7 with both yarns, k12 only cotton yarn

16 - 21 ) k11, bring acrylic yarn to back k9 with both yarns, k11 only cotton yarn

22 - 25 ) k12, bring acrylic yarn to back k7 with both yarns, k12 only cotton yarn

26 - 29 ) k13, bring acrylic yarn to back k5 with both yarns, k13 only cotton yarn

30 - 31 ) k14, bring acrylic yarn to back k3 with both yarns cut acrylic yarn leaving enough to weave in end, k14

Knit 5 rows

Bind off, weave in ends.

No comments: